March 5, 2016
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMJoin our hands-on workshop and build a rolling toy wagon for your child’s tiny toys. Once the wagon is built, your child can decorate it with The Home Depot stickers. o All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. o Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
March 12, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Join this class to learn more about outdoor lighting. An associate will lead you through a discussion about the different options in outdoor lights. Then, we’ll break down the differences between decorative and security lighting. Finally, we’ll show you a variety of different ways to get your outdoor lighting powered up. • Flyer/Poster Copy: Brighten up your nights by adding some outdoor lighting. Join this workshop to learn all about decorative and security lighting and see some new ways to power up your bright new outdoor outlook.
March 13, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PMPainting is an easy way to update a room. This workshop reviews the necessary tools and supplies needed to prepare for interior painting. Then, you learn how to repair damaged drywall, how to use painters tape to mask off trim, and the best techniques for brush and roller painting. • Flyer/Poster Copy: Whether you color inside the lines or think outside the box, painting is an easy way to update a room. Once you learn the skills to repair damaged drywall, prep the walls, and smooth on the perfect shade, you’ll be on a roll. Give boredom the brush all over the house.
March 17, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMJoin this class and learn to build an inexpensive, durable wooden door mat. You’ll get the skills you need to properly measure and cut, use a drill with drill bits, and work with natural sisal rope.
March 19, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMGet the skills you need to tackle ceiling fan purchase and installation. We’ll get you up to speed on fan styles and features, including the ENERGY STAR options currently available. Then you’ll learn the basics of installing ceiling fans both with and without light kits. Last, you’ll get valuable safety tips around wiring ceiling fans.
March 20, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PMLearn all you need to know to swap out a bath or kitchen faucet. This workshop shows you how to disconnect supply lines, remove an old faucet and install both a center-set vanity faucet and a kitchen faucet with sprayer.
March 26, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM: Join this class and learn to build an inexpensive, durable wooden door mat. You’ll get the skills you need to properly measure and cut, use a drill with drill bits, and work with natural sisal rope.
April 2, 2016
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Join our hands-on workshop with your child and build a butterfly house to welcome some fluttering insect friends after a long winter. After the butterfly house is built, your child can decorate their project with paint. o All kids get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. o Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
April 9, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMWelcome the new season with a class on getting your lawn ready for spring. Join our workshop as an Associate leads you through a checklist of lawn care tasks for spring. Next, you’ll be introduced to the latest tools and products that assist you in getting your yard looking its healthy best. Last, you’ll get informative tips that will help you maximize water conservation in every area of your yard.
April 10, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Join our workshop, and learn all you need to know to install laminate flooring. Get an overview of the tools you need to complete the project as well as products that help you care for your floor. Then learn how to prepare the surface and lay down the laminate quickly and easily, including how to fit odd-shaped floors or corner areas. Then an associate will show you how to select the moldings and transition surfaces that will complement your new flooring.
- 6:30 PM - 8:00 PMLearn to build a hanging gutter planter. Join our workshop and learn to use a power drill and other tools to create a simple planter from vinyl gutters and caps. Then, personalize your project with paint and, with the addition of rope and hooks, the space-saving design can be used to grow and display a variety of plants.
April 16, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMThis workshop will guide you through a refresh of your deck or patio. An associate will show you a range of innovative products designed to cut through the grime and leave a clean surface and also show you how to select and operate the right pressure washer that can speed clean your deck or patio in no time. Lastly, we’ll show you how to select the right stain or waterproof seal for your wood deck to restore its beauty and offer weather protection.
April 17, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PMGreet spring with a workshop that takes your garden skills to the next level. Join our workshop and learn to build a raised garden bed. Then we’ll walk you through the many varieties of edible plants that can thrive in your space and select plants that work for your climate and tastes. Then you’ll be introduced to new products that make caring for your garden efficient and will help your garden produce a great spring harvest of fresh veggies and herbs.
April 23, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMGet the skills you need to install tile flooring. This workshop will show you the tools and supplies you need to install tile flooring. Then, an Associate will guide you through developing a floor plan for tile flooring and preparing the subfloor to set the tile in place. Lastly, you’ll see how to set the tile and learn more about sealing and caring for your new tile floor.
May 7, 2016
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMJoin our hands-on workshop and build an Angry Birds-themed birdhouse that will make your child’s feathered backyard friends happy. Once the birdhouse is built, your child can decorate it with Angry Birds stickers. o All http://workshops.homedepot.com/workshops/diy-workshops get to keep their craft, receive a FREE certificate of achievement, a Workshop Apron, and a commemorative pin while supplies last. o Children must be present at the store to participate in the workshop and receive the kit, apron and pin.
May 14, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMLearn to build an outdoor sofa. Join our workshop and learn to properly measure and accurately cut wood; safely operate a saw, nail gun and sander; and personalize your furniture with paint or a stain for a more rustic look. The end result will be the skills to create a comfortable and durable wooden sofa that you can accessorize in a number of ways to fit in with your outdoor decor.
May 19, 2016
- 6:30 PM - 8:00 PMLearn to build a wooden grill tool caddy. Join our workshop and learn to use a circular saw, brad nailer and other carpenter’s tools to cut and craft an open-top carrier for grill tools, accessories and seasonings. Then, personalize your project with paint or a wood stain.
May 21, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMJoin this workshop and learn the skills you need to properly install a tile backsplash. The lesson will cover tile options, preparing the wall before applying tiles and mounting tiles using SimpleMat adhesive.
May 22, 2016
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PMIn this workshop, you’ll learn the skills to upgrade your bath, including how to place a vanity cabinet, adjust your plumbing connections, and set in the vanity top and caulk it into place. Additionally, you’ll learn to remove old vanity lights and install a new ones and then install wall-mounted bath accessories like towel and toilet tissue holders to complete the look.
May 28, 2016
- 10:00 AM - 11:30 AMJoin this class to learn how to approach selecting a paint color, including how to navigate our color solution center and our paint color app. Finally, get an overview of the hottest color trends for 2016.