Please begin typing, and select your location from the list
Get better results and save time by saving your locations. Home, Office, Favorite vacation spot, Grandmas House and more...Create an account | Log In
Recently Searched locations
Trending Articles in Your Area
List: Posted: 01/16/12
Buying new furniture can be very pricey, but it is something that is essential for the comfort of your home. The dilemma with furniture is that we all want items that look classy, but top quality items can be so expensive that they are difficult to afford. However, you can find cheaper furniture that is both functional and looks quite stylish in your home, without breaking the bank.
1. IKEA specializes in cheap furniture that is still stylish and efficient. While you cannot necessarily expect your IKEA items to last as long as some other furniture, you can get extremely good prices for fully functional items. IKEA makes a lot of items from particle board, which is cheaper and breaks easier, although it can hold up for several years. This makes IKEA a great choice for college students.
2. eBay.com is an online auction site that is designed to allow people to buy and sell items of all types.... including furniture. You can find new and used furniture at severely discounted prices when you use eBay. Be careful of the shipping price, as this could defeat the purpose of purchasing an inexpensive product.
3. Craigslist.com is another online selling forum. Designed more like classified ads, this site will allow you to search for furniture near you geographically, and gives you the option of bartering in person for the item.
4. Home Reserve is another company similar to IKEA. With this company, you can get big discounts, as long as you are willing to assemble your own furniture.
5. Rooms 2 Go will allow you to purchase all the furniture for one whole room at a lower, package price. Available online and in showrooms, this can be a good way to fully furnish a home for a low cost.
The Sorelle sisters, Anoush and Avisha, travel the world to design and select the finest-quality home décor pieces to include crystal, porcelain, enamel, r
The material in this article is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Local.com. See Additional Information